Craft Recordings and Concord Theatricals Release R&H GOES POP Album, New Music Video featuring Andy Mientus Singing "Some Enchanted Evening"
Craft Recordings and Concord Theatricals are proud to announce the digital release of the R&H Goes Pop! album. Featuring contemporary takes on timeless Rodgers & Hammerstein classics, the full album can be streamed and downloaded here.
To celebrate, a new music video featuring Andy Mientus (CW’s “The Flash,” NBC’s “Smash”) performing a new take on “Some Enchanted Evening” was released today. The video, shot in 2019, was directed by two-time Tony Award® nominee Michael Arden, and also features Dyllón Burnside (FX’s “Pose”), John Cameron Mitchell, and Michael McElroy.
Watch the music video on the Rodgers & Hammerstein YouTube channel here.
“I was absolutely gobsmacked when the R&H team agreed to let me tackle ‘Some Enchanted Evening,’ one of my favorites from the catalog and an undeniably immortal hit,” said Mientus. “I wanted to make a version that felt as romantic for a new generation as the original must have felt in 1949. To me, romance is a crowded after-hours party and the kind of moody, sensual pop you might hear there. I asked my frequent collaborator, Van Hughes, to help bring my sonic idea to life. I hope that we’ll be able to have crowded rooms again soon and that someone might meet their stranger there with this legendary song as the soundtrack.”
R&H Goes Pop! features the brightest Broadway stars performing and honoring the Rodgers & Hammerstein catalog with unique and inventive takes, ranging from pop and rock to R&B and country. The 15-track album features reinterpreted takes on iconic songs from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s hit Broadway musicals.
Album Track List:
1. “Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’” – performed by Jeremy Jordan
2. “Shall We Dance?” – performed by Ariana DeBose
3. “Some Enchanted Evening” – performed by Andy Mientus
4. “It Feels Good” – performed by Lilli Cooper
5. “Something Wonderful” – performed by Gavin Creel
6. “Lonely Room” – performed by Rebecca Naomi Jones
7. “This Nearly Was Mine” – performed by Ryan McCartan
8. “The Next Ten Minutes Ago” – performed by Jeremy Jordan & Laura Osnes
A mashup of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Ten Minutes Ago” and Jason Robert Brown’s “The Next Ten Minutes” from The Last Five Years
9. “The Surrey with the Fringe on Top” – performed by Ali Stroker
10. “Younger Than Springtime” – performed by Derek Klena
11. “Something Good” – performed by Katrina Lenk
12. “We Kiss in a Shadow” – performed by Jelani Alladin & Matt Doyle
13. “Do I Love You Because You’re Beautiful?” – performed by Santino Fontana
14. “Do-Re-Mi” – performed by Ashley Park
15. “The Sweetest Sounds” – performed by Kyle Selig